It is currently Wed 15 May 2013 00:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Further randomizing teams
PostPosted: Wed 23 Jan 2013 21:20 
Corporal

Just a thought, if we randomized the players once already, shouldn't we continue randomizing until there are 2 left? Seems only logical and, well, "fair"? At this point, I'm sure lots of people didn't like the first randomizing so keeping on mixing up the teams would do them justice this time.
It's not like everything is set in stone, the list is on a fully editable google doc after all.

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jan 2013 23:04 

123 randomization are as fair as one.

Quote:
It's not like everything is set in stone, the list is on a fully editable google doc after all.

Shesssh, don't say it so loud !

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan 2013 01:19 
Corporal

D-M wrote:

No, after the first randomization, it's still the same as before. Isn't it better to never know your opponent until next round starts? This way it could be anyone from the list. Most noticeable during the final rounds where, in the last 4 players for example, it could be anyone from the three remaining. This "random effect" will make the teams unpredictable and because of that more interesting.

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jan 2013 18:06 
Corporal

Well, since the round 7 matchlist is up, this topic has been mooted. Should have made it earlier I guess..

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jan 2013 13:45 

Hunt3r xXx wrote:
D-M wrote:

No, after the first randomization, it's still the same as before. Isn't it better to never know your opponent until next round starts? This way it could be anyone from the list. Most noticeable during the final rounds where, in the last 4 players for example, it could be anyone from the three remaining. This "random effect" will make the teams unpredictable and because of that more interesting.

Changes nothing, you 'll always get to know him way before playing against him. And it is already unpredictable, would you have thought that Crotou would have loose at the 2nd round ?

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jan 2013 15:15 
Corporal

D-M wrote:
Changes nothing, you 'll always get to know him way before playing against him. And it is already unpredictable, would you have thought that Crotou would have loose at the 2nd round ?

Well, Sotek isn't a bad player, they both fought and one of them lost.
As for knowing him before you play, well, that's just your opinion, man. One week is a way smaller time frame than the whole tournament period. If list wasn't randomized (or at least hidden) maybe you'd think, hey I'm playing with X and Y after this round, I know they're both noobs so I don't have to sweat it! Not knowing your opponent until the current round ends just makes things more tense. See what I mean? That and that the list was already scrambled once. Anyway, doesn't really matter now, thanks for your input anyway, maybe you're right after all and what I said was a bit too much of a hassle.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013 21:35 

Never said Sotek was shit, i was just saying that considering Crotou 's level, it would have been a very few chance him losing at the ealier stages yet it happened. The competition is already full of surprise even with just one randomization.

Quote:
As for knowing him before you play, well, that's just your opinion, man.

Strange, I call this "fact", semantic is amazing isn't it ? I 'm always amazed about how people think they can get better with just a few more hours over 7 or 10 (and probably less) days of watching they oponent's replays.

Quote:
If list wasn't randomized (or at least hidden) maybe you'd think, hey I'm playing with X and Y after this round, I know they're both noobs so I don't have to sweat it! Not knowing your opponent until the current round ends just makes things more tense. See what I mean?

We could apply the same for the noobs :" oh looks, i play against xxx, I better think of a new strategy cause i have no chance either way". Pretty tense and full of fighting spirit isn't it ? Even though they actually won't get much more better, it's the intent that count right ?