It is currently Tue 14 May 2013 21:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: wargame RUSH cup
PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan 2013 07:58 
Sergeant First-Class

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:
ChrisJ wrote:
Dima, I don't think any reasonable person here expects there to be "rules in war", but is simply looking to the devs for a better metagame. You can call it whining or feedback. There's certainly both here.

The devs and moderators are of course following the whole forum:
http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtop ... 80#p132828

I'm excited and worried!

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan 2013 12:52 
Major

dimabernat wrote:
Didn't beat him the count is 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 depend if u count the last ranked.

I know the situation around Darricks and the army. And that excuses can be made in that direction.

But you did won when it counted. I don't see why ranked games would be important. While on a flip side possibility to win money and laptop is quite something.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan 2013 16:01 
Major

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:
I understand players who are disappointed in the wargame cup after they lose through a spam. But same chances for all in the wargame cup. But i can only say "Heads up guys" - wait after wargame cup is finished. This is a little serious hint ... ;):mrgreen:

I doubt anything will change after the cup. Balancing units to make it such that you can't rush with them, they're not useless, and you can attack reasonably mid-game is near on impossible. Nothing is going to change without a rethink of some game mechanics. IMO there either needs to be a nerf to units on roads or a change to the way forces are set up initially, and I don't expect to see anything new in this regard after the cup is finished.

As for Sotek's game - tbh, it shows nothing other than "you have to get some AA at the start". Sotek simply forgot to get any reasonable amount of AA with his starting build. The AA he did have was either ineffective due to being in the wrong place/moving at the wrong time, or ineffective due to being pragas.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan 2013 18:43 
J'aime quand on me fait du mal

praslovan wrote:
dimabernat wrote:
Didn't beat him the count is 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 depend if u count the last ranked.

I know the situation around Darricks and the army. And that excuses can be made in that direction.

But you did won when it counted. I don't see why ranked games would be important. While on a flip side possibility to win money and laptop is quite something.

[MadMat] Moderated. Any new attempt, by anyone, to flame any topic will result in a ban.

Tigga wrote:

I doubt anything will change after the cup. Balancing units to make it such that you can't rush with them, they're not useless, and you can attack reasonably mid-game is near on impossible. Nothing is going to change without a rethink of some game mechanics. IMO there either needs to be a nerf to units on roads or a change to the way forces are set up initially, and I don't expect to see anything new in this regard after the cup is finished.

As for Sotek's game - tbh, it shows nothing other than "you have to get some AA at the start". Sotek simply forgot to get any reasonable amount of AA with his starting build. The AA he did have was either ineffective due to being in the wrong place/moving at the wrong time, or ineffective due to being pragas.

Agree.

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan 2013 19:40 
Major

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:
I understand players who are disappointed in the wargame cup after they lose through a spam. But same chances for all in the wargame cup. But i can only say "Heads up guys" - wait after wargame cup is finished. This is a little serious hint ... ;):mrgreen:

Yeah heads up guys they will fix the game right after the CUP... 3 days... so you will feel even more bad when you will know that you could have come couple of rounds higher if that fix would roll in pre or mid CUP.

You really know how to make people feel better Topspin. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan 2013 19:55 
Lieutenant Colonel

Topspin is right... everyone had the same chances. I sense there would be no such hell if "right" persons would take the best places but it didn't happen. This meta lasted very long and all those things were very well known and that outburst is caused by only one thing.

I can only imagine how community would take changes right before CUP :Dor worse... in mid or late CUP :lol:

http://www.wargame.com.pl/ - Polska strona o WARGAME!!!

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan 2013 20:09 
Second-Lieutenant

so i quess now we can experiment witha new change in wargame to stop spamming/rushes that could later be implemented to airland?

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan 2013 20:52 
Lieutenant Colonel

Well... if "we" means Eugen... but I wouldn't bet my money on any significant changes for WEE. Now when they know what problems players face they most likely will put all resources to try to fix that in beta of WALB (and we know they work on that).

http://www.wargame.com.pl/ - Polska strona o WARGAME!!!

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan 2013 21:03 
First Sergeant

chrisnz wrote:
so i quess now we can experiment witha new change in wargame to stop spamming/rushes that could later be implemented to airland?

Maybe, but who knows, maybe cassete bombs will get rid of cheap road spam without need of radical changes? (Well, it MUST be tested by pros, not newbies. Newbies like me always whine when their "unbeatable" strat gets own ;))

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan 2013 22:30 
First Sergeant

Hey we had a tons of match since Sotek lost, and not a single all in helo rush happened.

Weird. I would bet every 2. guy will try it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next