BAOR - British Army of the Rhine Clan

You are looking for a Clan? You are recruiting? Post here!

Re: BAOR - British Army of the Rhine Clan

Postby MrSocks » Thu 16 Feb 2012 00:04

Interested once I've played a bit more of the game and am a bit more experienced (just purhcased this on steam)

hendrix wrote:My aim is to give each permanent Command fictional Command of a unit, for example the Commander of the Recce troops will be CO of 2nd Royal Green Jackets, the commander of the Artillery might be CO 3rd Brigade Royal Horse Artillery, the commander of tank CO 2nd Royal Tank Regiment, so on and so force. I want to built up a wide and varied inter Battalion rivalry, nothing dangerous, but something to push people on and make them strive to do better then their colleagues, yet at the same time not think twice about helping then when the proverbial crap hits the fan.

I'd also suggest Formation Reconaissance which would be Household Cavalry or 9th/12th Lancers!
MrSocks
Corporal

Postby hendrix » Thu 16 Feb 2012 13:11

Hey all,
Forums have now been opened, and I will be populating them today. PLease jump over and register now: http://forums.baor-clan.com

The Registration process:

Okay see here are a few points you'll need to take into consideration:
1) you must be 16 and over and own Wargame: EE
2) You must have a microphone and internet connection
3) You must be prepared to change your ingame name to your designated unit: for example: [BAOR]2RGJ etc
4) You must be prepared to take orders from the chain of command
5) You must be willing to put into the clan, this doesnt necessarily mean you must be able to make every game, we just expect some kind of commitment.
6) BAOR-Clan retain the right to deny applications without reason.
7) You are willing to attend Clan training games

The Recruitment Process:
1) Initial interest given here on on the forums.
2) Application Completed on the forums (not on there yet I will be adding today)
3) Interview given with a senior member of the clan
4) Player is issued with a forum signature, and added to the ORBAT
5) Player is given the opportunity to attend a training course, after which he is assinged his Battalion
6) Player is issued a unit tag, a forum signature and if needed a baor-clan email address.
7) All players are up for review after 3 weeks, you may be asked to pick another battalion (ie change from tanks to infantry etc) or if its not working out, you will be given a final warning, in which you will have a further fortnight to meet the standards required of the clan.

The Rank Structure:
Captain: Rank on application
Major: Rank after completing training and awaiting assignment of Battalion
Lieutenant Colonel: Running a Battalion
Colonel: Senior Battalion Commander
Brigadier: Brigade Commander
Major General: Corps (Overall) Commander.

I hate it in small FPS clans when you have a General taking to the field in a squad of 6 men, its not realistic, however this structure will reflect better the type of officers ranks upon the field during the period.
So all of you who have shown some kind of interest, please register on the forums and standbye for everything to be put in place.

We are in the process of getting our Teamspeak up, and I'm about to organise a Server (am in talks with my own provider), obviously we'll have to wait until the full game and tools come out.
hendrix
Corporal

Postby ikalugin » Thu 16 Feb 2012 13:25

I wonder if there should be 3rd SA clan... :)
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."
ikalugin
General

Postby hendrix » Thu 16 Feb 2012 13:29

ikalugin wrote:I wonder if there should be 3rd SA clan... :)

im sorry??
hendrix
Corporal

Postby ikalugin » Thu 16 Feb 2012 15:04

hendrix wrote:
ikalugin wrote:I wonder if there should be 3rd SA clan... :)

im sorry??

If you have looked at the time period you would know, that 3rd SA (Shock Army) was the direct adversary of the BOAR, although that direction of the attack will be supporting, and the main penetrations will be south and north of the BOAR sector (with 8th Guards Army and 20th Guards armies, followed up by 1st and 2nd Guards Tank armies as maneuver elements respectively with addition of 2 independent corps to act as a deep omg) In all probability the BOAR would have been cut of before it actually reaches the Rhine positions.
Praslovan:
ikalugin
General

Postby hendrix » Thu 16 Feb 2012 16:49

oh i see, yes i am very aware of the 3rd shock army, however your connection was so out of context it left me completely confused lol!!!

Your probably right about northag being cut off, but its all speculation my friend, and this is a game, i think it would be great to have an enemy clan :p
hendrix
Corporal

Postby ikalugin » Thu 16 Feb 2012 16:54

You can read this thread on the matter
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/s ... hp?t=53026
Sorry for (probable?) off topic, but you wont happen to know when Challenger 1 received IR scopes?
Praslovan:
ikalugin
General

Postby hendrix » Thu 16 Feb 2012 17:02

thanks for the link, and apologies i dont know, seeing as they had them on the Cheftain 6/1, i would of assumed that the Chally always had it.
hendrix
Corporal

Postby Nappeh » Fri 17 Feb 2012 13:08

So yeah, hi.
Im interested in joining would be ace to play with some people consisently :), hit me up ingame - Nappeh.
Nappeh
Private First-Class

Postby leaf fox » Fri 17 Feb 2012 13:59

have signed up on the forum and like to join.
leaf fox
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Clans