DLC #2: Incoming infantry weapons changes ...

DLC #2: Incoming infantry weapons changes ...

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:24

Here is a brief summary (and some spoilers) of the incoming changes for infantry weapons:

SMG deal less suppression, are less accurate at long range but have the fastest rate of fire and the best accuracy in CQC fights. They also retain more accuracy while moving than other weapons.
Assault rifles 5.56 and 5.45 have an average long range accuracy, CQC accuracy, suppression, rate of fire and moving accuracy.
Assault rifles 7.62 have worse accuracy than 5.56 and 5.45, but the same rate of fire and better suppression.
Semi-automatic rifles 7.62 have the best static accuracy but the worst moving and CQC accuracy and rate of fire.
Bolt rifles are accurate but have very low rate of fire, accuracy on the move and CQC accuracy.

There are 4 level of weapons for the 4 level of infantry :
Reservists have the worst weapons stats. You can spot them as they are national only troops, have a speed of 15kmh and poor stats.
Line infantry has basic weapons. You spot them thanks to their speed of [20kmh and average stats.
Shock troops have more accurate weapons, better rate of fire, a speed of 25kmh.
Elite troops have extreme accuracy, rate of fire and a speed of 30kmh but low availability and high price. You can spot them with the red color of their ID card.

Light Infantry troops (Light Riflemen, Mountaineers, Highlanders, Podhales, Leichte Schützen) are special : the four former have "line" weaponry, but one step higher speed and short range ATGM, while the latter are shocktroops, with the same advantage.

Infantry weapons statistics are now proportional to their real rate of fire :
A section announced with 200rpm will fire twice faster as a section with 100rpm

It is confirmed that the feature that ties rate of fire to the number of men in the squad is working as intended and is dynamic (RoF reduce with causalities).
However the displayed rate of fire is generic and unrelated to the number of men. A 10 men squad with a RoF of 100 will fire twice faster with their guns than a 5 men squad.
Heavy weapons (MG/Rockets/etc...) are not affected by that feature.
"The grass is always greener on the other side".
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: DLC #2: Incoming infantry weapons changes ...

Postby nWODT_Niack » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:25

And here I was thinking you didn't want to do pre-patch patch notes anymore !
Croche et Tient
nWODT_Niack
Lieutenant

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:27

nWODT_Niack wrote:And here I was thinking you didn't want to do pre-patch patch notes anymore !

That's not a "leaked release", that is just some generic explanations due to the increasing number of questions I've read recently about that matter ...
"The grass is always greener on the other side".
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby nWODT_Niack » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:28

Mountaineers, Podhales

That bit sounds pretty much like a leak ! Or am i imagining stuff again ?
Croche et Tient
nWODT_Niack
Lieutenant

Postby ExeTick » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:29

you hacker madmat how can you post news from tomorrow when it is still 21 of november!!!
ExeTick
First Sergeant

Postby sdauz » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:30

Does anyone know how this impacts the hidden statistics, like SR Acc...etc. Thanks for the update, looks like a good shakeup and consolidation of infantry statistics. This seems especially useful for new players to understand.
sdauz
Sergeant

Postby Vasto » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:34

"Podhales" :?
Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Sleksa » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:34

Podhales and mountaineers are probably new units coming in the dlc? (accidental leak ;)? )

Changes look interesting, especially move speeds

Some questions: Will atgm / manpad infantry retain their 13 or so speed, or will they gain the line infantry's speeds? How about recon infantry, will they follow the same pattern with for example hussards getting 20kmh, border guards 15kmh and spets 30kmh? Or will there be a separate common value for them?
Sleksa
Lieutenant

Postby DrRansom » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:35

Question / Clarification: Are reservists now 'prototypes' type units that can only be taken by a national deck?

You can spot them as they are national only troops, have a speed of 15kmh and poor stats.

Secondary question: are there changes to infantry visibility?

Otherwise, I like the changes and I really like having a single complete description. Thanks,
DrRansom
Lieutenant

Postby eMeM » Thu 21 Nov 2013 23:35

nWODT_Niack wrote:
Mountaineers, Podhales

That bit sounds pretty much like a leak ! Or am i imagining stuff again ?
I don't see Lekka Piechota here, so I assume that they will be replaced by Podhalańczycy (Strzelcy Podhalańscy), Polish mountain troops.
Spoiler : :
Glorious!
ImageImage
POLISH MARKINGZ MOD! AIRLAND BATTLE // RED DRAGON
eMeM
Captain

Next

Return to Wargame : AirLand Battle