I am quite often confronted with units doing stuff they shouldn't. Like when giving a move command to a big amount of units some decide to instead travel into the other direction. It looks like they'd regroup but they just keep going into nirvana. So I:
- have problems with tanks which start to turn in the middle of a battle, like I give them the order to attack an enemy tank and they instead turn around (there is no threat at the direction they turn to), or move in closer or sometimes even don't shoot at all just have a aim bar that does not progress where it normally would.
(I do not mean the lower AP than Armor thing)
- get sometimes this selecting error where I cannot deselect my units, I found out that when I press a number key which is unassigned I can fix it but that is still weird. (Used to be quite common, didn't appear since a while so it may got fixed)
- encounter telling a unit to stop and it just keeps going, I use the shortcut key again and again then click on stop in the hud and then some when it actually does stop, but not when it should of have in the first place. On rare occasions I give a move command and it instead does not move. I repeat the move command and it does move then.
- know about the mlrs having this "If you abort my ongoing attack I do not shoot my full barrage next time" thing, but It even appears when it did shoot its full volley a few times.
- have units wanting to take the bridge instead of closing in a few more meters to attack.
- units which get out of cover to attack an enemy unit without me ever have given them an attack command. (Appeared once on the Luchs)
- couldn't find a thread concerning this. Think its worth mentioning. A mod may merge or delete if its a double post.
If you at Technical support know any workarounds or fixes or "what not to do to avoid" I would be thankful for that info
I would really appreciate if especially the "Tanks turn their sides toward the enemy when they feel like it, retreat or charge out of nowhere" could get addressed with as it is crucial in tank battles which side you show to the enemy gun.
Funny side note, these things remind me of iRobot "ghost in the machine".