At the moment I have:
Motorstrelci (5) + OT64 SKOT
Motorstrelki (10) + BTR
Motorstrelci (5) + BMP1
Spadochraniarze + OT64 SKOT
Vyskadari + OT64 SKOT
5 standard infantry, no ATGM, no AA, no recon, no airborne... looks like an ugly infantry spam to me.
First thing you have Motostrelci twice. Putting the same infantry a second time in a different transport doesn't increase its availability. Never put an infantry twice in a deck.
If you want shock troops there are multiple choices (don't take more than 2):
- special forces but they are rare and best used in other roles than massive forest slaughters.
- Flamethrowers are slow and you have too few of them.
- Motorisierte Schützen have a good availability of 20 but you pay 10 points for the vehicle.
- Spadochroniarze have 16 sections but since the SKOT1 cost only 5 points you can afford some veterancy on them.
- Motostrelki with a lot of veterancy, they are not as good against infantry as the other but become very good against vehicles. If your ennemy brings some vehicles in the fight they can be more efficient in the end because they don't get stunned by those vehicles.
Some vehicles are good at fighting infantry in forests as well : TO55 of course, TOPAS2A thanks to its recoilless rifle, SU122 thanks to its HE5 gun, BMP1D thanks to its grnade launcher and frontal armor 2, and basically everything that is cheap with a gun like T55, T34, BMP1...
The plan is to overwhelm the infantry with multiple vehicles. Some vehicles die, the rest kill most of the infantry and the few guys who remain are too stunned to fire a second volley.
However this technique doesn't work if your enemy spreads well his infantry because you will lose one tank for one infantry killed which is not worth it unless they are special forces or veterans.
Eugen's law of maximal pain in the ass : If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong on Friday evening.