Ranked games = air boons

Ranked games = air boons

Postby prophet » Tue 6 Mar 2012 16:45

Firstly this game is great fun and I am aware that its new, so there will be patches to better the game.

I love playing multiplayer with clan mates etc.

I however think ranked games are shocking. Reason is, it seems all I get is some idiot spamming all heli. It caught me off guard the first few times and now I beat them and call then idiot noobs. (Even though they are normally rank 25 and above)

I also didnt realise at first is that all u have to do is kill the enemies command vehicle/s and then its over, hence why im guessing noobs do the air rush. To be frank this just ruins it for me, and there is no skill in spamming all air.

I do use scouts, so please dont state that I should see the air rush coming. By the time you scout their air, it tends to be to late if you have not already deployed muti AA and hidden one of your command vehicles.

I have read in these forums asking for there to be an air cap. I think there should be one implemented in this game, as it could kill the ranked matches.

Feel free to comment and abuse me

xxx
prophet
Private First-Class

Re: Ranked games = air boons

Postby OpusTheFowl » Tue 6 Mar 2012 16:51

"...now I beat them and call then idiot noobs."

So, problem solved? If this is the dominant you see then you have the counter. Spammers will stop once they get their ass handed to them enough times.

Capping one thing will just cause them to spam something else. It's not the game, it the opponent.

I agree that it's dumb/annoying/etc but until spammers learn the hard way, they will keep doing it...
OpusTheFowl
General

Postby MadGelo » Tue 6 Mar 2012 17:59

:cry:

how many ranked games did you play ?
MadGelo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby salan » Tue 6 Mar 2012 18:09

mm im on a 8 game win streak in ranked games, only lost 2 because of idiot CV mistakes on my part, and have YET to see a heli spammer :(
salan
Master Sergeant

Postby MadGelo » Tue 6 Mar 2012 18:10

salan wrote:mm im on a 8 game win streak in ranked games, only lost 2 because of idiot CV mistakes on my part, and have YET to see a heli spammer :(

iv only seen it ones or twice and they all went boom thx to HE splash damage
MadGelo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Tigga » Tue 6 Mar 2012 18:14

I've seen it a few times. The tend to die. A lot. Quickly. Same with most types of spam I've encountered.
Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby phawkins1988 » Tue 6 Mar 2012 18:31

Only ranked games I play are 1 v 1. Seen a few chopper rushes at the start. Nothing a couple of tungs can't handle with ZSU 57s for backup, provided I spot them earlyish (which my recon chopper always does).

Chopper rush is an easy way to get yourself a few hundred points behind for no real gain imo. People will learn this eventually.

EDIT: Also, you should always hide your command vehicle at spawn. Just do it in the deployment phase, not like it takes any time. And if you don't have decent AA at your spawn you're asking to lose. It's just something you buy every game, just in case.
phawkins1988
Master Sergeant

Postby burn4me » Tue 6 Mar 2012 19:50

If it's a potential unlock, I've seen it spammed. I've faced everything from Helo's to tanks to mech infantry. Even the dreaded supply truck rush!!!

Hellfire Kiowa spam was annoying but they burn through ammo so quickly. Pact flame tank spam can work on close on maps(they get 20 total flame tanks)

Ultimately spam is ineffective. Against a competent commander flat out spam requires an Extreme amount of points advantage to break a line.

You both get the same number of points, even if you reserve some for AA, he won't have much of an edge. The key to dealing with it is positioning and fluidity. To break you he has to concentrate all his units on a single point/small area. You can respond by sacrificing those front line troops in a delay(infantry won't escape, kill what you can. Faster units and more expensive units should get to a safer place. Your units bought you time to setup a defense, don't squander it.

There's little difference between the types of rush, whether it drives or flies you'll deal with it in the same general way. The only difference will be that you want large fire lines for your SAMs or close in engagements for your AAA. Dealing with ground vehicles depends on your opening composition.

Ultimately everyone will see that spam is entirely chance based, and the chance is that your opponent is an idiot. Education is the best thing to better the community

phawkins1988 wrote:EDIT: Also, you should always hide your command vehicle at spawn. Just do it in the deployment phase, not like it takes any time. And if you don't have decent AA at your spawn you're asking to lose. It's just something you buy every game, just in case.

My command vehicle comes with me, most starting sectors are worth 1 point and there's usually a reinforcement point worth 2 closer to the front. The only valuable thing in my starting sector is my FOB. While I prefer not to lose it, I've proven in the past I can manage without it. It just requires more caution.
burn4me
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ZombieRommel » Tue 6 Mar 2012 20:10

Splash damage was added to missile AA in a recent patch, so spam dies horribly to it. As Pact, that means the BUK; as NATO, the Chapperal or Roland. You ALWAYS want some kind of AA with your main force and some back at your base. Normally at the start of the match, I hide my command vehicle in a forest and put 2 level 2-3 Stinger infantry squads in there. It's enough to deter people and if it's huge spam, I have points in reserve to call in AA choppers.
ZombieRommel
Sergeant

Postby salan » Tue 6 Mar 2012 21:08

burn4me wrote:My command vehicle comes with me, most starting sectors are worth 1 point and there's usually a reinforcement point worth 2 closer to the front. The only valuable thing in my starting sector is my FOB. While I prefer not to lose it, I've proven in the past I can manage without it. It just requires more caution.

I always do the same thing, I never stay in the spawn, and ultimately delete my FOB because of it as well, which sometimes I regret cuz I have to call in so many more logistics then refueling them.. But I did have one guy drive around to my base and get trapped there because he couldn't refuel, that was priceless :)
salan
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Wargame : European Escalation