Wargame Team League Season 1 - Main Information

Wargame Team League Season 1 - Main Information

Postby noDestiny » Wed 10 Apr 2013 21:20

What is the Wargame Team League?
The WTL is currently the only 3v3-Team-League in Wargame. It features a new veto-system which provides all teams with the possibility to play their favorite settings. You have a team and want to play against other competitors instead of simply bashing randoms? You want to prove that your team/clan is skilled, no matter which mode or map? Then this league is made for you!

For the moment, there are two divisions: The Top 8 of the Qualification Season are playing in the A-League whereas the second division - the B-League - accepts new teams who want to rise to glory and into the A-League. If you're interested in participating, please read this thread.

Thread of the A-League: Here
Thread of the B-League: Will posted when the league starts; Registration-Thread there: Wargame Team League Season 1 - Registration-Thread

ACTUAL TABLE A-League
ACTUAL TABLE B-League
... will be published when round 1 is finished.

RULES

1. In case of an unintentional disconnect

1.1 Within the first 5 minutes of a game:
  • If one player disconnects: REGAME
  • If complete team disconnects: REGAME

1.2 After the first 5 minutes:
  • If one or more player disconnect: no consequences
  • If complete team disconnects: LOSS for the disconnected team (please contact the organizer)

2. In case of a regame, the host of the first and original game has to rehost the game instantly and has to invite all other players directly. The other players have to follow this invitation immediately. Watching the replay of the first game is forbidden!

3. If a team doesn't appear at specified time:
  • For the first time: They'll be granted a second chance (please contact the organizer)
  • For the second time: The other team gets a win (please contact the organizer)
  • If a team does not appear at matches for the fourth, a punishment will be carried out.

4. Team and/or Member-Switching:
  • Every individual can play in not more than one team, regardless of their clan membership, nor can they be on two lists at the same time. A smurf account does not count as another individual.
  • Before the season, every team has to provide the organizer with a list which contains <= 6 members who are allowed to play for this team.
  • Only the members on the list provided by the team leaders and approved by the organizer are allowed to play for the team. They have to use their main-account.
  • One of this members has to be the contact-person (=> the member who arranges the matches with the opponents); please mark this person.
  • If new members join or leave the team, the leader of this team has to provide the organizer with a new list and has to wait for confirmation of the new list before the new members can play in league matches.
  • Each player who wants to change his team has to contact the organizer and ask for their permission. The organizers decision is final.

5. Played mode
  • One FFA-Round. WIN: 3 points. DRAW (as decided by the game): 1 point per team. LOSS: 0 points.
  • Nations are free to choose (NvN and PvP are possible)
  • 3v3, variable mode (will be "vetoed")
    => Execution: There will be 3 mode/map-bundles:
    DESTRUCTION (4500 starting points, 5000 points to reach, 40 min timelimit)
    Maps: Dual Field, Rivers of Blood, Fulda Gap, Hamburger Hill, Hammerhead, Airfield, Joint Strike, A Bridge too far, Straight Ahead, The Last Base, Blitz, Storm Eye, Mecklenburg, Summer Night, Bystrany

ECONOMY (4500 starting points, 50 min timelimit, 5500 points to reach)
    Maps: Dual Field, Rivers of Blood, Fulda Gap, Hamburger Hill, Hammerhead, Airfield, Joint Strike, A Bridge too far, Straight Ahead, The Last Base, Blitz, Storm Eye, Mecklenburg, Summer Night, Bystrany

CONQUEST (4500 starting points, 40 min timelimit, ALL sectors to capture)
    Maps: Hell's Highway, Hammerhead, Airfield , Summer Night, Storm Eye, Mecklenburg, Rivers of Blood, Fulda Gap, Bystrany

5.1 Before every game the team in the UPPER-Bracket can choose one mode/map-bundles to VETO it. Then the LOWER-Bracket-Team can VETO a second map/mode-bundle. The map/mode-bundle which remains will be the played mode.

5.2 Then the maps will be "vetoed", same process like the map/mode-bundles, but the LOWER-Bracket-Team starts to veto now.
Example:
Team 1: I veto Dual Field
Team 2: I veto Rivers of Blood
Team 1: I veto...
At the end, only ONE map is left. This one will be played.

6. Inactive Teams
Inactive Teams will be punished by counting all their not yet played games as a loss. A team's status will be set on the organizer's decision inactive if
6.1 The leader request this status or announces as representative of his team that they resign and/or declares that they won't play another Wargame Team League match.
6.2 A team does not show up twice in a row and refuses contact to the organizer.

7. Penalties
The punishment following a breach of the rules will be applied on the one who is to be held responsible for the breach. Responsible is the one who committed, abetted or has known and intentionally concealed the violation of the rules. Note, guilt is not necessarily a condition for responsibility. Additionally, a team is responsible for the actions of their members. Punishment does not only follow actions conducted in the game, but in the forum and at places with relationship to the Wargame Team League as well.
7.1 If the culprit is clearly an individual, the punishment shall do no excessive harm to the team in its entirety. An individual caught violating the rules shall be banned temporary, for a certain number of games or permanently from the season or the league. The degree of the punishment shall be set by the organizer in proportion to the violation.
7.2 If the team to which the culprit belongs gains benefit from the misbehavior of the individual, a penalty will be applied on the team, beside the appliance of 7.1. In case the action of the culprit lead to victory, this victory will be granted to the enemy as the team's responsibility and knowledge of the affair is assumable. In addition, the organizer shall rule out the loss of some points if deemed appropriate. If the team is to be held responsible in its entirety, punishment will lead to a loss of points and/or a ban from the season or the league. If the violation of the rules is connected to a victory, this victory will be granted to the enemy team. The degree of the punishment shall be set by the organizer in proportion to the violation. In case it's impossible to determine whether the team or the individual is responsible, the team will be held responsible.
7.3 If the previous mentioned punishment system shows to be of little or no use, it's the organizer's duty to deal with any case arising. Therefore, the organizer has the right to change penalties and to apply them on their sole discretion.

8. Important!
  • The organizer reserves the right to request the details of any match for each participant to study the course of the players, in order to determine if any unfair behavior or gameplay has occurred.
  • Any players suspected of unfair behavior or gameplay will be disqualified from the Wargame Team League.
  • Unfair behavior or gameplay includes but is not limited to such actions as: match fixing, intentional disconnecting, third party programs. The final decision regarding unfair behavior or gameplay will remain at the discretion of the organizer.
  • The organizer reserves the right to decide about match results and penalties.
  • The organizer reserves the right to amend the rules at any point if they consider such an action as necessary.
  • This event is in full conformity with the Wargame Forum Rules. Therefore, you agree to adhere to them at any point of the Wargame Team League. Offensive posts and/or clan names and/or avatars won't be tolerated.
  • The organizer has to announce any change in the rules and the duty to make at his best sure the teams are aware of the rule changes. His duty is restricted as a forum PM forwarded to each team leader shall count as fulfillment of the duty.
  • The organizer reserves the right to allocate you to the league as they consider it best.
  • If you want to complain/report misbehavior, please contact the organizer by PM.

With participating in this league you fully accept these rules and affirm that you will abide by them.

EXECUTION

One round = one week
1. Look up the grid at challonge to find out which team is your opponent
2. Contact the team-leader of the other team
3. Organisate the match (time, veto the bundles and so on)
4. Play :)
5. Report result

How to report your result
  • please look into the thread of your league (A or B) - informations will be there

Awards:
No awards yet. But maybe in future ;)

PS: My english isn't that good, if you find any mistakes pls contact me.
Last edited by noDestiny on Thu 18 Apr 2013 19:44, edited 3 times in total.
noDestiny
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame Team League Season 1 - Main Information

Postby varis » Fri 12 Apr 2013 16:56

The Wargame Team League qualification season was probably one of the best run leagues we've seen for EE. This can provide a lot of fun for teams that are looking for a fresh challenge and a warm up to ALB.

noDestiny wrote:4. Team and/or Member-Switching:
  • If new members join or leave the team, the leader of this team has to provide the organizer with a new list and has to wait for confirmation of the new list before the new members can play in league matches.
  • Each player who wants to change his team has to contact the organizer and ask for their permission. The organizers decision is final.

Is there a guideline for when and how team changes are allowed? Eg. only 1 player can join/leave a team between 2 matches or something like that?

Requiring to cap all sectors for Conquest may result in long games, could be something like max number selectable -2 or so.

People's Liberation Front - viewtopic.php?f=102&t=38563
varis
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby noDestiny » Fri 12 Apr 2013 19:30

Is there a guideline for when and how team changes are allowed? Eg. only 1 player can join/leave a team between 2 matches or something like that?

No, but everytime when a team request such a change I will look at the history of this team and check that the new member didn't played in an other team before. Then I'll decide.

Requiring to cap all sectors for Conquest may result in long games, could be something like max number selectable -2 or so.

Maybe a good idea, I'll think about it.
noDestiny
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby enohka » Sat 13 Apr 2013 17:48

varis wrote:Requiring to cap all sectors for Conquest may result in long games, could be something like max number selectable -2 or so.

There was some insanely unsportsmanlike exploiting of the conquest rules last season thats why there are such strict rules. They got changed after one team exploited the old.
enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby SikkeSakke » Sun 14 Apr 2013 11:46

varis wrote:Requiring to cap all sectors for Conquest may result in long games, could be something like max number selectable -2 or so.

There's time limit 40mins so I think cap all is fine.
SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Jeslee » Sun 14 Apr 2013 14:13

From my point of vue, in conquest mode, all sectors with 40mn time limit is the best choice !
By this way, the game won't be limited at a simple "race" to capture as many sectors as possible is short time, but it also allow to have hard fight position by position, which is the purpose of this mode (from my point of vue).
Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Empnicolas » Tue 16 Apr 2013 10:57

5. Played mode
One FFA-Round. WIN: 3 points. DRAW (as decided by the game): 1 point per team. LOSS: 0 points.
Nations are free to choose (NvN and PvP are possible)
3v3, variable mode (will be "vetoed")
=> Execution: There will be 3 mode/map-bundles:
DESTRUCTION (4500 starting points, 5000 points to reach, 40 min timelimit)
Maps: Dual Field, Rivers of Blood, Fulda Gap, Hamburger Hill, Hammerhead, Airfield, Joint Strike, A Bridge too far, Straight Ahead, The Last Base, Blitz, Storm Eye, Mecklenburg
ECONOMY (4500 starting points, 50 min timelimit, 5500 points to reach)
Maps: Dual Field, Rivers of Blood, Fulda Gap, Hamburger Hill, Hammerhead, Airfield, Joint Strike, A Bridge too far, Straight Ahead, The Last Base, Blitz, Storm Eye, Mecklenburg
Maps: Hell's Highway, Hammerhead, Airfield, Storm Eye, Mecklenburg, Rivers of Blood, Fulda Gap

Hi noDestiny,
I'm wondering why there is not Bystrany and Thuringer Wald in the map pool ?
Indeed, fighting on such fields could be very interresting for all of us and it would be great to extend the map choice after this qualification season.
Empnicolas
Corporal

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Tue 16 Apr 2013 11:00

Empnicolas wrote:Hi noDestiny,
I'm wondering why there is not Bystrany and Thuringer Wald in the map pool ?
Indeed, fighting on such fields could be very interresting for all of us and it would be great to extend the map choice after this qualification season.

I am not sure - but maybe because this maps are not played very much. It's ok for me if they are added for the next season - but i don't need really need or miss them :lol:

[DAY] Facebook: http://www.facebook.de/daysquad (use "LIKE-BUTTON" to become part of our community)
[DAY] Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Topspin2005
[DAY]Topspin2005
Brigadier

Postby Jeslee » Tue 16 Apr 2013 11:11

Hi Topspin,

I have to admit that I'm quiet agree with my teammate empnicolas.
Indeed, even if those maps are not the most played, I think also that it could be interresting to extend our map pool for this season.
We all recognize that we have not enough big maps to play on 3vs3 (and avoir by this way, rushes, or heavy arty).
Using big maps "deck" could give 2 more chances to not play on small maps (like Blitz, Hammerhead, Mecklenburg etc... for example).

Of course, it's just our point of vue and we'll follow the advice of the comuunity and noDestiny ! ;)
Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby noDestiny » Tue 16 Apr 2013 17:09

Jeslee wrote:Hi Topspin,

I have to admit that I'm quiet agree with my teammate empnicolas.
Indeed, even if those maps are not the most played, I think also that it could be interresting to extend our map pool for this season.
We all recognize that we have not enough big maps to play on 3vs3 (and avoir by this way, rushes, or heavy arty).
Using big maps "deck" could give 2 more chances to not play on small maps (like Blitz, Hammerhead, Mecklenburg etc... for example).

Of course, it's just our point of vue and we'll follow the advice of the comuunity and noDestiny ! ;)

The mappool will revised soon. I didn't had much time last weeks so i didn't done this yet.
noDestiny
Chief Warrant Officer

Next

Return to Wargame : European Escalation