SF+flamers in a forest:
-Arty to demoralize and then attack with your own troops
-Avoid the forest and go somewhere else - just some 50-60pts to win there with hard resistance so why bother, go pick an easier fight
Unit Price Armor
BMP-2 40 1/1/0/0
BMP-2D 45 2/2/1/1
-So for 5 pts more you get 1 more armor ALL AROUND your vehicle - very much worth it!
-I use both, 1 Buk-m1 for long range sniping (killing) paired with 1-2 tunguskas (no vet)/afganski for close range AA (support) to scare away choppas + IGLA inf to support my fast small attacks around the map
Flame inf vs. flame tank:
-no brainer imo - always get the tank for the longer range and better survival in a forest being bombarded with arty (NEEDS MICRO: use attack target/ground to shoot at targets where you think or now are enemy units)
1) Recon far, fast and wide!
2) Get the counters needed to swing the odds to your favor (you did save 200pts for reserve at the start, right?)
3) Attack opponents CVs (most likely poorly defended)
4) Avoid the blob with your units and CVs until you have proper units in the field
5) Use ambushes to get cost-efficient trades with the opponent if you can't stop the rush dead to its tracks